Sunday 19 October 2014

Weihang                   Club(s) and Team(s) I Joined         2014-10-19

            After my first month in secondary school, I do not regret my life. Most activities we did were fun: classes, lunch break, clubs, and athletic teams. I will also talk about what I like and don’t like, though I should be talking about the title above.
            Obviously I don’t have time for everything. There are at least ten clubs going on at lunch break and afterschool. Not to mention that even buying lunch and catching on my homework takes up almost all my time. In spite of this, I have spared some time to join one club and one team: Math Challengers and Cross Country running. Cross Country would be ending in a week for me but Math Challengers will be going on all year. I could find another sport to play for the school in the spring such as Track. I also checked out the swim team but I didn’t feel like joining this year, I really need to improve at swimming before I go to swim meets.
            Both those I joined recently are both fun and competitive. We are forming a math team only if everyone is smart enough. Also I already went to my first Cross Country league race (Must compete in at least one to make Fraser Valleys) which I won first at. I’m looking forward to Fraser Valleys this week.
            Parts I like about the school and its activities are: The eighty minute lunch break, physical education, the number of friendly people, the numbers of clubs and teams (Like I said, I have no time for all), how it’s close to the recreation centre, and the clean bathrooms. I even like how the school is located in the middle of a small forest.

            Parts I think need improving on are: We need to get a track (What’s the point of having three soccer fields we share with the recreation centre? We should replace one the a track), as well has other sporting locations like: a swimming pool (Would help our swim team by having daily practices there), as well as more and bigger gymnasiums so more students can enjoy gym sports at once.

2 comments:

  1. You did a very good job on writing, you were very detailed, you wrote a lot about the clubs so I had lots of information about the clubs, one thing I would suggest is on some of your sentences you could combined two with a comma instead of making new sentences each time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Weihang, I like how you wrote about parts that you think need improvment and parts that you like about the school. I agree that there should be a pool so that people in swim club could practice more. I think that you could have expanded and talked more about the clubs and teams that you checked out and joined. I agree with you when you said that there should be more gymnasiums so that people can enjoy more sports year long or at once. On the other hand there is the recreation centre 5 minutes away from the school so we could just use the gym in there to practice and enjoy sports at the same time. Overall I think that you did a great job on your story about clubs and teams.

    ReplyDelete